The Silicone Sock-X is the next evolution of our line of silicone socks, with their main focus being on eXtra durable. The V2 socks are prone to tearing, but this new generation is made from a far superior material in a new manufacturing method! All that, while keeping the same perfectly fitting design and high-temperature resistance of 300°C.
There are multiple big advantages to such a small upgrade.
- They keep the heater block insulated, you don’t want your heater block and nozzle to cool down because of the part cooling fan, do you?
- Plastic won’t stick to the heater block anymore! This significantly lowers the chance of filament blobs and failed prints in general.
- The screw holes for the thermistor and heater screws are covered, no more plastic residue fills the bolt head, this makes it easier to unscrew the heater- and thermistor cartridge in case they break.
- Less heat radiates from the heater block, this causes a cooler environment and better part cooling for the print.
These Silicone socks are designed by levendig|dsgn, they are tailor-made for the Original Prusa MK2, MK2S, MK2.5, MK2.5S, MK3, MK3S and MK3S+.
- When using the silicone socks for the first time, there may be a smell. The smell will disappear after some usage.